The Lansing Lightning Bugs Adventurer Club is a family ministry that uses creative activities to support parents and caregivers in leading and encouraging their children in a growing, joyful love relationship with Jesus Christ.
HOW WE SERVE
- Serve an intercultural community of children ages 4-9 and their parents and caregivers through a holistic ministry
- Offer instructional curriculum, family enrichment, supplementary resources, and volunteer training from within the Seventh-day Adventist philosophy
- Work to fulfill the gospel commission (Matthew 28:18-20) and depend on the support of a congregation strong in mission and empowered by the Holy Spirit
- teach children, through club activities, to develop a Christ-like character, experience the joy and satisfaction of doing their best, show their love for Jesus in a variety of ways, learn to be encouraging and play well with others, use their talents and abilities to serve others, and understand and appreciate family
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
To be a member of the Lightning Bugs Adventurer Club, your child needs to be in grades preK-4. Although the Adventurer Club is sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, children of all faith backgrounds are encouraged to join.
The children are grouped according to their ages as follows:
- Little Lambs (Pre-school)
- Eager Beaver (Kindergartners)
- Adventurers (Grades 1-4)
The club operates during the traditional school year, September through June, with annual club dues of $30 per child. Annual registration is held during the month of August, however the club will never turn away a family that wants to join after the registration period. Club meetings are held 2-3 times a month on the weekends. See our calendar for exact dates and times.