The health ministries at the Lansing Seventh-day Adventist church has a mission is to demonstrate God’s love by promoting whole person health principles to church members and the community at large, assisting people from all ages, gender, and ethnicity in reaching their full potential for wholeness and a productive abundant life. Health Ministry is the gospel of Christ illustrated, the message of God practiced. Without it, the gospel witness is muted; it is merely a theory, an idea.Our main aim is for individuals to increase their health awareness, learn to incorporate standards for healthful living, and find restoration in Christ for a hurting body, mind, or soul.
How we Serve
- Promotes a healthful lifestyle among church members through literature, programs, and Sabbath services
- Provides through publications, services, and programs, an ongoing witness to the world concerning the physical, mental, and soul-destroying effects of tobacco, alcohol, and other harmful substances
- Sponsors and/or organizes events to effectively involve church and non-church organizations in united endeavors to promote health and provide healthcare to the needy in the community
- Promotes and/or sponsors health seminars and workshops aimed at teaching individuals healthful living principles
- Sponsors events like FitClub and Move Mondays to promote fitness and exercise
- Beginning on November 7th, FitClub will be back every Tuesday night at 7:00 PM in the School Gym. It is a FREE place to start or continue your fitness journey, track your results, and get encouragement and accountability. The exercise programs are usually aerobic and last 30-45 minutes. Individuals of any fitness level are welcome; modification instruction is offered.
- Kettlebell class every Sunday at 9:00 AM!
- Come join us for our supper club on November 14th. More details to follow!
- Volunteer! Health Ministries is always looking for volunteers who want to help plan and/or run health and fitness events at the church.
- Check out our upcoming activities on the church calendar!
Jason and Keila Lounds, Directors
jasonlounds @ gmail.com
- Monthly newsletter, Health Unlimited—sign up to receive via email at http://www.nadhealthministries.org/newsletter_editsub.php or access them for download in high resolution at http://www.nadhealthministries.org/article.php?id=28
- Adventists InStep for Life Toolkit—available for download at www.adventistsInstepforlife.org
- iPhone and Android Apps for Adventists: InStep for Life