Centered in Christ and committed to excellence, the Lansing SDA Communications Team seeks to inform, inspire, and involve the members of the church and the community in the ministries and activities of the church. Through meeting the communications, public relations, and marketing needs of the church, the team hopes present the love of Christ in service, reflect the cultural and racial diversity of the congregation, and communicate the unique message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in a clear and engaging way.
HOW WE SERVE
Our Communications Team consists of multiple volunteers who work in various capacities to ensure the church's ministries needs are met. These areas include:
- Church Communications
- Announcements - provided online, printed in the bulletin, and through the digital church sign
- Bulletin - provided online and printed weekly
- Calendar - updated online weekly and a monthly print calendar is provided online and in the bulletin
- Event Promotion - promotion on our website, social networking sites, in local newspapers and radio stations (as budgets permit)
- Graphic Design/Materials Creation and Editing - all promotion materials are reviewed and edited by our team; we also provide design services for our ministries to create fliers, social media images, website images, and mailers
- Social Networking Management - manage social networking sites for the church including facebook and youtube
- Website Design and Content - manage the design, functionality and upkeep of the church website
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Volunteer to Serve: We are always looking for people with the interest, skills and gifts in graphic design, photography, editing and social networking. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to join our team!
Contact Us: We provide the above services to every member and ministry in the Lansing SDA Church. If you are in need of event promotion, graphic design or church communications, we would love to serve you! Please be aware of the following:
- All requests for the communications team should go to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all church communications (calendar, announcements, OneCall, sign, bulletin, social networking), the deadline for the Sabbath is the Wednesday before at 9:00 AM.
- To allow enough time, please send design requests at least two weeks before they are needed.
- For event promotion, please give us information including images and materials at least 30 days or more before your event for proper coordination and dissemination.
Sheri Christie, Director 2019-2020