“Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31.
The health ministries at the Lansing Seventh-day Adventist church is viewed as the right-arm of the everlasting gospel and has a mission to demonstrate God’s love by promoting whole person health principles to church members and the community at large, assisting people from all ages, gender, and ethnicity in reaching their full potential for wholeness and a productive abundant life. Health Ministry is the gospel of Christ illustrated, the message of God practiced. Without it, the gospel witness is muted; it is merely a theory, an idea. Our main aim is for individuals to increase their health awareness, learn to incorporate standards for healthful living, and find restoration in Christ for a hurting body, mind, or soul.
Lansing Church Health Ministries is dedicated to educating and inspiring members to healthy living that we may in all things glorify God. We aspire to healthy living through the eight laws of health: nutrition, exercise, water, sunlight, temperance, air, rest, and trust in God.
How we Serve
- Promotes a healthful lifestyle among church members through literature, programs, and Sabbath services
- Provides through publications, services, and programs, an ongoing witness to the world concerning temperance in all things and the physical, mental, and soul-destroying effects of tobacco, alcohol, and other harmful substances
- Sponsors and/or organizes events to effectively involve church and non-church organizations in united endeavors to promote health and provide healthcare to the needy in the community
- Promotes and/or sponsors health seminars and workshops aimed at teaching individuals healthful living principles
- Sponsors events like FitClub and Kettlebells to promote fitness and exercise
How to Get Involved
- FitClub is a FREE place to start or continue your fitness journey, track your results, and get encouragement and accountability. The exercise programs are usually aerobic and last 30-45 minutes. Individuals of any fitness level are welcome; modification instruction is offered - every Tuesday at 6pm
- Kettlebell class every Sunday at 9:00 AM!
- Volunteer! Health Ministries is always looking for volunteers who want to help plan and/or run health and fitness events at the church.
- Check out our upcoming activities on the church calendar!
Jason and Keila Lounds, Directors
Lifestyle Matters - FREE! Videos, PowerPoints & Audio